Extended Team Model is based on the cross-organizational partnership that can be justified by the need of having access to a pool of technical experts while having limited resources for outsourcing governance and fluctuating demand for developing software needs. An Extended Team Model may sound like a Virtual Team (VT) strategy by forming a team across geographical, temporal and organizational boundaries and dominantly using technology-mediated communication. However, unlike a virtual team, Extended Team Model-based teams are not dissolved after a single project or program. The staff from vendor side is completely integrated into client’s team with access to technical training and mentoring from client’s staff. Extended Team Model provides clients with higher visibility and control of ongoing tasks.
10 Things To Know About Extended Team Model
1. Extended Team Model is like a customized outsourcing model, which acts like an extended team for a client. In other words, the Extended Team would be more or less like a part of the firm, the only difference being that you can hire and customize this ‘extension’ according to your needs against a charge.
2. Reduced overall management burden while retaining control of strategic decisions
3. Let your management team take a sigh of relief as they’ll be focusing their attention on the core activities of the business rather than the ‘side-lined-activities’. This will increase the management’s focus and interest in the business as they will be involved in the core activities.
4. Focus on core activities/business: Re-direct or focus energy and personnel into the core business and Focus the resources on mission critical projects.
5. Get access to an operational best practice that would be difficult or time-consuming to develop in-house. Benefit from the expertise of web experts in solving problems for a variety of clients with similar requirements. Obtain needed project management and implementation consulting expertise. Make use of extensive investments in technology, methodologies, and people. Save on team management problems as the extended team will be taking care of your work. Companies get access to a larger talent pool and a sustainable source of skills.
6. Save $ on Manpower and Training- which will save you a lot of time and energy as you won’t have to do frequent hirings and training to cater to certain demands which aren’t related to your core business.
7. The cost of chasing technology- it isn’t necessary that you will be always equipped with the latest tools and platform to, for say, develop new websites. Extended Team Model, on the other hand, it’s job to stay updates when it comes to technology to cater to the needs of clients.
8. The cost of retaining people post completion of assignment- this is a very important part of any ETM; unlike a Virtual Team, you can retain your ETM to take care of your future needs. This has added advantages to both client and us, as you get comfortable working with the extended team and we become aware of your needs and types!
9. The cost of having members on the payroll- You save a lot of money in the long run as an ETM saves you the trouble of hiring and re-hiring people/teams to take care of your needs.
10. Some of the services offered in Extended Team Model are Website & Mobile app designing and development, Brand Identity, E-commerce, Content writing, Advertisements and Promotional Content, Internet Marketing, and Website Maintenance. These are to name a few and a separate team of experts for all these services, making sure that clients receive the best!
We4web.co as an Extended Team uses its experts to develop inspiring user experience by using advanced platforms for developing websites. We also have a team of expert to take care of both technical and creative needs of the client. There is also a separate team to cross check all the work done before delivering the final project to the client.